Richland County Juvenile Justice Center
Steve McKinley, Judge
Juvenile Detention Center Visitation Hours
- Tuesday (Last Name A-K) 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday (Last Name L-Z) 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday (Honors only visits) 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday (Last Name A-K) 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday (Last Name L-Z) 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before visitation time, and check-in at visitation entrance intercom. Once visitation begins you will NOT be allowed entrance into the building.
- Visitors are required to provide picture ID, and are subject to search; metal detector is used.
- Only TWO visitors per youth. No swapping out visitors halfway through visitation.
- Visitation is limited to parents, step-parents, legal guardians, grandparents, or minister/pastor. Siblings for Honor Visits only, by request. Special visitation arrangements may be considered by contacting Deputy Director Kim Maurer or Director Greg Peters at 419-774-2800.
- For security reasons, there are to be NO items brought in for the youth. Visitor’s personal items should be left in vehicle or secured in the lockers provided outside of the visitation room.
- Please wear appropriate dress, and follow all instruction from Detention staff.
- Visitation may be halted for disruptive, disrespectful, or otherwise unacceptable behavior.